Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Five Minute Craft.

So, I found this super cool summer craft/pool toy idea. It takes 5 minutes. Seriously. And the kiddos in your life are sure to enjoy it!  Also works as a decoration for parties.  So, here goes my first tutorial:

Step 1:  Get yourself some sponges. I found mine at the dollar store... 4/$1.  You will need three sponges for one ball.  Therefore, I have enough to make two.  That's only .50 cents each!  Cheap enough.



Step 2: Cut each sponge in half lengthwise right down the center. Then, cut each half in half. So, you should cut four pieces from one sponge.  Like this:

Cut in half once...

And cut each piece in half again.
Step 3: You need twelve strips for one ball, so keep cutting.  Here are my sponge strips:


Step 4: Arrange your strips in a bundle of twelve in the color combination of your choice. 

Step 5:  Tie the bundle tightly together (right in the middle) using dental floss. Be sure to tie them tightly. I wrapped and knotted the floss around my stack a few times to be sure the pieces are securely in place.  Fluff your sponge into a ball. Add some water. And some kids. And, you have just made the pool a little more fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment