Thursday, December 16, 2010

the last time...

The last time I made any of this...


was when I was barely a kid!  My mom bought a kit (it seems like it was for Christmas), and we melted candy, put it in the molds, and let it set.  Then we devoured every piece of chocolate.  Well, I'm pretty sure my madre melted and poured the candy into the molds, then I added the plastic stick (look at picture)... Candy on a stick.  What's cooler than that?!  Well, I had a great coupon for a kit at Michael's. So, I bought one! And, let's just say, it was a huge mess.  And the results look nothing like the pictures on the box...  So, here you go:

the mess... and it only got worse.

chocolate snowflake.


apparently, you're supposed to be able to use the little blue
paintbrush in the picture to "paint" colors of chocolate
on each candy so that it looks something like the Santa Clause
wearing a red hat in the picture above.  (Yeah right!)

i'm certain that the chocolate is supposed to be in the mold,
not all around the outside! but i couldn't smooth the chocolate without
extra, and then it got all over the mold...


So, there you go. I DO NOT recommend doing this!  Just buy candy. Although with another person, this could ultimately be fun.  Making this with kids would also be entertaining. Just be prepared to clean up a huge mess... and I mean a HUGE mess.  Other than that, if you do have the patience, go for it.  Otherwise, steer clear of this little project.  I started this an hour ago, and so far I only have 6 chocolates done.  Yay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment