Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Little Overdue, But Nonetheless My Baby is Two!

Happy Birthday, Isaiah. Two years?! Where has the time gone?


We welcomed our Little Man to the world
on February 24th, 2010 at 8:42 p.m.


Dear Isaiah,

I remember anxiously waiting in the hopsital for your arrival! I couldn't wait to hold you, to kiss you, to snuggle with you, to love you outside of my belly! I couldn't even wait to change your diapers! I was so excited to meet you.

I remember coming home from the hospital thinking, "Now what?" You were so little.  You were so precious. So sweet. So perfect. I loved everything about you from your bald head to your tiny toes. I loved how it felt to hold you. I loved your soft skin and your little button nose.  You were, and you still are an amazing baby boy. 

I am so blessed to have been able to celebrate two years with you!  I can't imagine my life with you.  I pray for you daily. I pray for you in so many things, but I pray mostly that you will love God. That you will trust Him. That, above all else, is the most important thing in life. I pray for myself. I pray that I will encourage you, choose my battles wisely, discipline you rightly, love you, teach you, and strengthen you.

You have changed so much these past two years. You have gone from babbling to talking. You have gone from crawling to walking, dancing, jumping, climbing and running. You have gone from bottles to sippy cups, newborn to 3T, cooing to laughing, pacifiers to books...

Some of your favorite things are:
  • reading a snuggling with mommy before bed time.
  • rocking
  • playing on the iPad
  • playing outside
  • animals
  • peppermint patties and ice cream
  • popcorn
  • playdough
  • finger paints
  • singing
  • Elmo
  • Spongebog (thanks to Uncle Lukey)
I could go on and on about things you love.  Some of your most recent accomplishments:
  • naming the letters of the alphabet
  • pretending to read
  • singing "Jesus Loves the Little Children" all by yourself!
  • making sentences
  • answering questions
  • getting mad
  • pretend play
I love you, Little Man! You are such a sweet baby. I am so glad God chose to give you to me!  You are amazing.  You are special. You are important. You are loved.  And you always will be!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment