Sunday, January 9, 2011

oh quiet book... how you take up so much of my time!

Recently I have started a new adventure... a quiet book.  I found out about quiet books through my friend, Amanda.  She always discovers and shares some GREAT ideas.  So, I decided to embark on the quiet book journey...

STEP 1:  Plan your pages.  I failed at this step.  I planned a couple of pages, then I just had random ideas and began making unplanned pages.

STEP 2:  Gather supplies.  Ultimately, this step is pointless. I have made numerous trips to Wal-Mart and Michael's to get felt, material, thread, more felt...

STEP 3:  Prepare yourself for late nights.  With a baby on the crawling everywhere and getting into everything, plus the household chores, time with the husband, and other commitments, the only time I am able to work on this book is mainly at night when everyone (including the hubby) is sleeping!  I make a decision to quit working after this page is finished, then I come up with another GREAT idea for a new page.  And of course I MUST start on it or the idea will vanish... 

STEP 4:  Post pictures of your progress so you don't feel defeated.  It is a major time commitment... So, here you go.  This is what I have completed so far:

The stoplight signals velcro on and off.

The shoe laces.  Teaches how to tie a shoe.

Road (will be equipped with a car)!

Fall time.  Leaves snap on and off and fit snuggly into the basket.

Barnyard fun.  The barn doors open to a pocket inside.
Ultimately, I hope to get a few barnyard animal finger puppets
to stick down in the pocket.

1 comment:

  1. that's gonna be really cute when it's done...and i love how it's interactive :)

    ReplyDelete